Holbrook-Palmer Napkin, c. 1926-1958. Cream-colored linen napkin with drawn thread work border in a diamond-shaped pattern. Stylized "P" monogram is satin-stitched in cream-colored thread at bottom right corner.
|Collection||3D - Food Service Tools & Equipment|
|Title||Holbrook-Palmer Napkin, c. 1926-1958|
|Inscription Text||"P" (embroidered monogram, lower right corner).|
|Provenance||Olive Holbrook Palmer collection of items kept in locked cupboard at Holbrook-Palmer Park after being removed from carriage that is now part of SMCHA's collection.|
|Notes||[http://www.athertondames.org/holbrook-palmer-park-history/] "In 1926, Olive Holbrook Palmer inherited the property, then named Elmwood, and continued to use the residence as a summer home with her husband, Silas Palmer. Upon her death in 1958, Olive Holbrook-Palmer willed the property to the town of Atherton to be used as a recreational park. Her husband had life tenancy and upon his death, it reverted to the Town of Atherton. The Holbrook-Palmer Park Foundation, a non-profit organization, was then established in 1968, to receive donations for developing the 22 acres into a viable and usable park."|
|Dimensions||H-16.75 W-15.75 inches|
Table settings & decorations