Holbrook-Palmer Pillowcase, c. 1926-1958. Ecru-colored linen pillow sham with drawn thread work along seam at open end. Small, off-white linen pocket with drawn thread work along bottom edge is stitched to sham at open end near thread work at seam. Embroidered on off-white pocket near thread work in off-white is the monogram "OPH."
|Collection||3D - Bedding|
|Title||Holbrook-Palmer Pillowcase, c. 1926-1958|
|Inscription Text||"OPH" (embroidered monogram on off-white pocket near open edge); "65- / Lot 5" (hand written in blue ink on white sticker; removed from object by curator DN on 5/29/2011).|
|Provenance||Olive Holbrook Palmer collection of items kept in locked cupboard at Holbrook-Palmer Park after being removed from carriage that is now part of SMCHA's collection.|
"In 1926, Olive Holbrook Palmer inherited the property, then named Elmwood, and continued to use the residence as a summer home with her husband, Silas Palmer. Upon her death in 1958, Olive Holbrook-Palmer willed the property to the town of Atherton to be used as a recreational park. Her husband had life tenancy and upon his death, it reverted to the Town of Atherton. The Holbrook-Palmer Park Foundation, a non-profit organization, was then established in 1968, to receive donations for developing the 22 acres into a viable and usable park."
|Dimensions||H-21 W-35 D-0.125 inches|