|Description||Raychem Wire Splice Connectors, c. 1957-1999. Eight translucent blue plastic tubes. One end of the tube is narrow and flares out into a small collar. The other end has a slightly wider collar.|
|Object Name||Connector, Cable|
|Collection||3D - Telecommunication Tools & Equipment|
|Title||Raychem Wire Splice Connectors, c. 1957-1999|
|Creator||Raychem Corporation, Menlo Park|
"Raychem was founded on January 1, 1957. It grew rapidly by creating proprietary new products based on Radiation processing of polymers to meet critical and difficult industry needs for electrical circuit integrity in harsh environments. Included in these initial products were irradiated wire insulation and heat shrinkable tubing. Markets included Aerospace, Military, Automotive, Telecommunications and Electrical Power Generation markets.
"In 1968, Raychem acquired Chemelex leading Raychem to extend its radiation polymer processing technology to polymers filled with conductive carbon creating a family of "Self Limiting Heaters". This technology was further extended to produce resettable switches forming the enabling technology for the "Polyswitch" Division.
"As Raychem grew into a world class Material Science Company, additional technologies explored, developed and taken to market were Heat Recoverable Metals, Piezoelectric Materials (Elographics), Silicone Gels (Geltek) and Liquid Crystals (Taliq).
"Each year, Raychem devoted between 8 and 10 percent of sales into Research and Development resulting in thousands of new products based on the technologies listed above. Research and Product Development labaratories, in addition to Menlo Park and Redwood City were established in Swindon, UK, Kessel-Lo, Belgium, Ottobrunn, Germany, Pontois, France and Japan.
"Manning these laboratories were an extremely creative and talented group of scientists and engineers who found innovative ways to use technologies to create new products."
|Dimensions||H-0.25 W-0.25 D-0.75 inches|