|Description||Raychem Green Fork Terminals, c. 1957-1999. Each of the eights terminals have a metal fork-shaped piece. The metal piece forms a ring at its base. The green nylon Duraseal plastic covers a portion of the fork and the entirety of the metal ring. Yellow glue can be seen coming up from the tubing onto the metal fork.|
|Object Name||Terminal, Electrical|
|Collection||3D - Electrical & Magnetic Tools & Equipment|
|Title||Raychem Green Fork Terminals, c. 1957-1999|
|Creator||Raychem Corporation, Menlo Park|
|Inscription Text||"1.1-2.6" (inscribed in metal base of fork).|
The fork terminal is also called a spade terminal. They are electrical connectors and are a popular style because they fit between screws. Color coding indicates which wire to use.
"Raychem was founded on January 1, 1957. It grew rapidly by creating proprietary new products based on Radiation processing of polymers to meet critical and difficult industry needs for electrical circuit integrity in harsh environments. Included in these initial products were irradiated wire insulation and heat shrinkable tubing. Markets included Aerospace, Military, Automotive, Telecommunications and Electrical Power Generation markets.
"In 1968, Raychem acquired Chemelex leading Raychem to extend its radiation polymer processing technology to polymers filled with conductive carbon creating a family of "Self Limiting Heaters". This technology was further extended to produce resettable switches forming the enabling technology for the "Polyswitch" Division.
"As Raychem grew into a world class Material Science Company, additional technologies explored, developed and taken to market were Heat Recoverable Metals, Piezoelectric Materials (Elographics), Silicone Gels (Geltek) and Liquid Crystals (Taliq).
"Each year, Raychem devoted between 8 and 10 percent of sales into Research and Development resulting in thousands of new products based on the technologies listed above. Research and Product Development labaratories, in addition to Menlo Park and Redwood City were established in Swindon, UK, Kessel-Lo, Belgium, Ottobrunn, Germany, Pontois, France and Japan.
"Manning these laboratories were an extremely creative and talented group of scientists and engineers who found innovative ways to use technologies to create new products."
|Dimensions||H-0.025 W-0.375 D-1.5 inches|
Metal, Rubber & Plastic Device