Holbrook-Palmer Hand Towel, c. 1926-1958. Off-white brocade linen hand towel with white-on-white leaf-like motif along short ends above drawn thread work along seams. White-on-white serpentine block-design print 0.75" above leaf-like print on both ends. Two selvaged edges and two finished edges and two finished edges with drawn thread work. "H" monogram embroidered in off-white, centered at one end, 5-7/8" from drawn thread work.
|Object Name||Towel, Hand|
|Collection||3D - Toilet Articles|
|Title||Holbrook-Palmer Hand Towel, c. 1926-1958|
|Inscription Text||"H" (embroidered monogram, centered at one end).|
|Provenance||Olive Holbrook Palmer collection of items kept in locked cupboard at Holbrook-Palmer Park after being removed from carriage that is now part of SMCHA's collection.|
|Notes||[http://www.athertondames.org/holbrook-palmer-park-history/] "In 1926, Olive Holbrook Palmer inherited the property, then named Elmwood, and continued to use the residence as a summer home with her husband, Silas Palmer. Upon her death in 1958, Olive Holbrook-Palmer willed the property to the town of Atherton to be used as a recreational park. Her husband had life tenancy and upon his death, it reverted to the Town of Atherton. The Holbrook-Palmer Park Foundation, a non-profit organization, was then established in 1968, to receive donations for developing the 22 acres into a viable and usable park."|
|Dimensions||H-34.75 W-19.625 inches|