|Description||Clear glass with "straw" tint proprietary druggest bottle. Bottle is rectangular with one embossed flat side and other side rounded. Narrow neck with flared rim. Side mold seams to finish; mouth blown; air venting holes.|
|Object Name||Bottle, Apothecary|
|Collection||3D - Merchandising Tools & Equipment|
|Title||P.A. Ryan Druggist Apopthecary Bottle|
|Inscription Text||"P.A. RYAN / DRUGGIST / REDWOOD CITY / CAL" with mortan and pestle image (embossed on side of bottle); "W.T .CO. / USA / PAT. Dec. 11, 1894" (embossed on bottom).|
Found At the Frank Tannery Site in Redwood City. the Tannery Was in Business From 1874 To 1959, After Which the Building Was Abandoned.
The Building Burned Down in 1968, the Chimney and the Water Tower Was All That Remained.
Colorless glass dates from after 1905 but with "straw" color tint no earlier than 1912.
Proprietary druggest bottles date from the mid to late 1910s.
P. A. Ryan is in the druggest director dated 1913.
Peter A. Ryan is listed in the NARD Journal of 1917
Whitall Tatum Glass Co. used the W.T.CO mark from 1901-1920
WT Co. is the Whitall Tatum Glass Company. Whitall Tatum mass-produced special-order prescription bottles for hundreds of pharmacies, such as Smith & Hodgson in downtown Philadelphia, embossed with their names and addresses and also marked "W.T. & Co." on the base. These mostly date from 1875 up to 1900. In 1901 the company name was changed to Whitall Tatum Company and the base marking became "W.T.CO.", and for a decade from the 1920s on, the trademark became a "W" and "T" inside a triangle.
|Dimensions||H-4.125 W-1.75 D-1.125 inches|