|Description||Ermine Scarf, c. 1890. Ermine Scarf, c. 1890 White fur scarf with four spots of brown fur that extend the length of the collar on both sides. The four spots are in three rows with two spots on the bottom. The collar slightly widens in the middle, where it would lay on the nape of the neck, and widens at the ends of each side. There is a seam across the width in the middle of the collar. The inside of the collar is lined with cream colored floral fabric. The right side of the inside has a hexagonal strap of the same cream colored floral fabric.|
|Object Name||Scarf, Neck|
|Collection||3D - Clothing|
|Title||Ermine Scarf, c. 1890|
|Creator||H. Liebes, San Francisco|
|Inscription Text||"Filoli / Garden / Shop" (Printed onto on side of the paper tag that was pinned to inside; removed); "M" (Written in pen on the other side of the paper tag)|
The ermine came from Ikuski, Province of Russia and the furs were created by H. Liebes, store located on Kearney St. San Francisco. They were probably created about 1890.
The furs originally belonged to Mrs. Jennie Chandler who died at 97 years of age. She gave the furs to her daughter, Miss Virginia Chandler who died in 1987 at the age of 95. The donor was a friend of Virginia Chandler and is a furrier.
|Dimensions||H-45.625 W-5.125 D-0.5 inches|
Women's Fashion Accessories
Clothing & dress