Museum Homepage

The San Mateo County Historical Association
Online Collections Database

The mission of the San Mateo County Historical Association is to inspire wonder and discovery
of the cultural and natural history of San Mateo County.

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2015.001.00529.2
Title Mayor Dan Love Unveils Dedication Plaque for Fire Station No. 2 in Burlingame, July 1950
Photographer Pearl, Norton
Collection Archival Collection
Object Name Negative
Category Photographs
Date July 1950
Description Mayor Dan Love Unveils Dedication Plaque for Fire Station No. 2 in Burlingame, July 1950. Black and white negative shows Mayor Dan Love unveiling the dedication plaque for Fire Station No. 2 on Hillside Drive in Burlingame, California. The image shows a group of men wearing suits that stand at the front entrance of a building. Mayor Dan Love appears in profile at left pulling on a cord that lifts a set of small curtains covering a plaque that is attached to the front of the building. The unveiled plaque reads, "[BUR]LINGA[ME] / FIRE STATION NUMBER 2 / ERECTED JULY 30, 1950." Text on the lower portion of the plaque lists Mayor Dan Love and several city councilmembers: H. Kent Atwater, Allan [F.] Hunt, Andrew C. Byrd, and U.S. Simonds Jr. The plaque also lists several members of the Fire Commission: Chairman Earl F. Schmidt, Al[bert] [R.] Gordon, Clyde S. Manwell, and Fire Chief Edward J. Leis. Leis appears in uniform at the center of the image surrounded by other Fire Department officials and city council members. Part of a series of 2.
Studio Norton Pearl Photography
Place Burlingame, CA
Event Dedication
People Atwater, H. Kent
Byrd, Andrew C.
Hunt, Allan F.
Leis, Ed
Manwell, Clyde
Schmidt, Earl F.
Simonds, Ulysses (Les) Scott, Jr.
Love, Dan L.
Subjects City council members
Dedications
Fire fighters
Fire stations
Mayors
Plaques
Search Terms Burlingame
Burlingame Fire Department
Fire Departments
Fire Departments - Burlingame
Fire Station
Firefighters
Love, Dan L.
Simonds, Ulysses (Les) Scott, Jr.
Copyright Norton Pearl Photography / San Mateo County Historical Association